Darwath Trilogy On-Sale Digitally

 The Darwath Trilogy will be downpriced digitally, through Open Road Media, US and Canada, Sunday, October 3, $2.99.

But that's not the big issue. Trolling around the Net last night when I should have been making my dinner, I encountered about a dozen images from medieval manuscript illumination that caused me to wonder: Who was putting what into the ale supply of those monasteries? Was this 1950s science-fiction time-slipped back to the 12th century? WTF?







The last one - at least from what my gardener friends have said - is at least understandable. But for the rest... Is there something about the Middle Ages that we haven't heard about? (Particularly what appears to be an airborne snail in Picture #2)? (Which could actually be pretty disgusting in combat, when you think about it.)

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-were-medieval-knights-always-fighting-snails-1728888/


Comments

  1. The Darwath books are among my favorites. I've returned to them many times over the years and love the little novelettes, too! I already own the digital versions of the books, but is there an audiobook version forthcoming for the US? I found one but Audible says it's "not for sale in your region"? Too bad - the sample sounded really good. Any way to get it here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, if you ever find out how to get it here, let me know! I don't like having apps on my phone, and refuse to subscribe to Audible, but it's difficult to get even my own stuff on CD or MP3. (I've been trying for a couple of years to get the Benjamin January "Good Man Friday" on MP3).

      Glad you like the novelettes. I love the gang at the Keep, and it's good to revisit them. (And I'll be glad when the deadline situation works itself through and I can go back to writing Further Adventures).

      Delete
  2. Ok, so, I do actually have an Audible narration i purchased a few years ago, that no longer seems to be available at all, anywhere. Narrated by Terri Clark Linden, it does not nearly do justice to your work. Just a touch above painful to listen to, but no other option. I use Audible a lot for car trips, working out, etc. I just have the app, no subscription. The version I have sounds, in some sections, like an electronic reader with TCL's voice-sample just jamming words together. The dialog portions are better, though, and actually show the narrator's acting ability. Apparently most of the Guards are from an Irish/Scottish/North Country place, while everyone else in Darwath is English! Rudy has a definite Southwest US that I can only imagine as Christian Slater doing Jack Nicholson. Not what I expected. Gil sounds very good, as does Minalde. Ingold takes a little getting used to but I can understand the narrator's interpretation, based on your description of his voice.

    The new version sample sounds really great, though. If I ever go to England, I'll have to try to download it! I have been reading this series since I was 15 or 16 and I'm in my 50s now. It has aged well, and continues to reveal new things to me every few years when I read it again. I consider that a mark of great literature! But keep those novelettes coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sample Post

The Iron Princess

An Evening in the Park